answering Marianna Yermakova
1. Your brand is “made in…?”
In Paris – the heart of France! (in the heart of high jewelry)
2. Who is the designer of @Makovajewelry brand?
Well, I’m proud to say that it’s ME!
3. How many years your brand already exists?
I’m creating jewelry items for more than 4 years. I was making a lot of exclusive products for private clients according to individual sketches.
Not long time ago I did rebranding and now I’m working a little bit more on my own line but I still take individual orders. Many clients ask to redesign their jewelry and I do a full “recycling”. I create a new fashion thing from the old one.
4. How did the idea of such jewelry appear? Who or what was the inspirer of this style?
Before I had more classical style. I passed such schools as famous jewelry houses Cartier and Van Cleef& Arpels and it leaves a trail. But over time my style began to change and now I like something more innovative. I think the jewelry has to be more “for time” but not for lifetime and go hand in hand with fashion industry.
5. Which kind of fabric do you use for producing?
Gold, precious stones (brilliants, sapphires..) I like semiprecious stones (tourmalines, peridots, tsavorites, sitrines). Some of them have fabulous colors and it gives a possibility to do something interesting and brilliants always add brilliance and brightness to the jewelry item.
6. The most important facts that people should know about your brand?
First – it is a quality! These items are created by the best jewelers of Paris who also produced high jewelry pieces for big jewelry houses.
Second – I use only natural stones!
And third – my jewelry pieces are multifunctional. They are transformers. I working on now on two directions of my line : cocktail line (brooches-transformers for clutches) and the casino line (rings like chips-cubes (which are transformed in earrings) and cards). Probably it is an impact of life in Monaco.
7. Which result you’d prefer to achieve? – to see your product on almost every girl and be popular as much as Zara/H&M is or to be more niche brand?
Im moving towards the luxury niche brand which will be presented only in the top boutiques of Paris, London, New York, Tokyo.
8. Do you collaborate with bloggers?
Yes! With you 🙂 Actually I would like to cooperate more as now online is much more popular than print press / advertising! My jewelry pieces are often taken for shootings and celebrities (for example Victoria Silverstad) love to wear it. I also try to cooperate with people person, for example Chantal Thomas.
9. Which social networks are you using to promote your brand?
Instagram @makovajewelry, Facebook.
10. Your Instagram page is amazing! Do you have any special strategy in Instagram posting, some precise system?
Oooh spontaneity is not about me 🙂!
I am a very organized person and my husband often says that I don’t have enough spontaneity!
I went through many different Instagram profiles to understand how I want to manage @makovajewelry profile. So there is a system: I try to adhere to a beautiful visualization (vertical and horizontal photo) and alternate the subject photo of the jewelry items with the photos where the person wears it.
11. Do you use your Instagram as sales channel or only to show the product?!
For sure, it is a platform for image/ presentation. This is my catalogue, which always with me and everyone has it as well.
12. Who is the customer of your dream?
Not branded Self-made-woman… something like this..
A stylish, fashionable woman who does not pursue only brands and wants to wear something special and individual.
13. Where is possible to buy your pieces? (Offline and on-line stores or showrooms)
Now it is more about private sells but soon the line will be represented in the boutique of Paris, Cannes (to the Cannes Film Festival) and Monaco.
14. Do customers buy more online or offline?
Offline! Jewelry is emotions! Everyone wants to try and touch it. I buy online a lot but not a jewelry items.
15. How do you see your brands in 5 years?
5 years is already tomorrow))
I want my jewelry to be wanted. Wanted by boutiques and by clients. I want @Makovajewelry be represented in the biggest cities. I want it to be recognizable and I want people to wait for something new.
I really want and Im trying to make it done! But wait and see.